Saturday, October 16, 2010

Adaptations of Braces

Braces were originally designed to hold up pants. As Alan Flusser states, “Trousers were originally made to be worn with suspenders, which held them on the waist, not the hips, and that is where they look and hang best.”

Braces were then attached to skirts, as they also need support.



In recent years, braces have also been added to other articles of clothing such as vests and skirts.



Or adaptations on the braces themselves. Such as 

  • Wing-tips on the braces

    • Fur braces

    Regardless of where braces are used, more people should start wearing them!


    Discussion time:
    • Do you wear braces on other items of clothing, besides pants and skirts?
    Note: all photos are used solely for non-commercial use and to illustrate braces in fashion. No plagiarism is intended.

    2 comments:

    1. I am a pants girl so 80% of the time I'm wearing pants but I do pair braces with shorts occasionally. I usually wear then hanging down but I have a pair of high waisted shorts that I have button on braces attached so I wear them up. I see alot of people pairing braces with high waisted shorts but once again usually hanging down

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yeah, I see some people wearing braces down on their shorts, but also many wearing them up with shorts. Maybe they change during the day?!

        Delete

    Thank you for commenting on Everything About Braces. To maintain a civilized discussion forum, moderators may decide to remove messages at their sole discretion if considered to be offensive.
    Join our social media community on Pinterest at http://pinterest.com/backtobraces/ and Instagram at https://instagram.com/backtobraces/